We welcome any questions or comments you have about Beacon Ridge.
Fill out the form below and we will respond within 24 hours.
For tee times & prices, please use our online Book-A-Tee Time registration or call the pro shop at (910) 673-2950.
Beacon Ridge Country Club
P.O. Box 1139
238 Longleaf Drive
West End, NC 27376
Golf Shop: (910) 673-2950
Restaurant: (910) 673-3158
Email Us: email@example.com
We are hiring: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
As an assistant of golf course superintendent, be responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. Help the Golf Course Superintendent to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Head Golf Professional on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Supports and assists with membership seminars and orientations.
- Works closely with the GM/Superintendent to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
- 6-8 year experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Pesticide Application License
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
- Prefer work experience in NC Moore County with bent grass experience
Resume Reference Requirements
· Provide full details of:
· Name of golf course
· Years worked
· Experience with bent grass (problems encountered and successful solution)
· Minimum 3 References’ name, relationship to you, contact number, and email
Please send resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org